Home Lumber continues operations

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Home Lumber continues operations

By
Karen Bonar Ellsworth County I-r
The west side door of the Home Lumber building shows damage from the Dec. 6 fire. Photos by KAREN BONAR/Ellsworth County Independent-Reporter

More than three months after a fire closed the main building at Home Lumber, the building remains empty and closed to the public.

“We are serving customers out of the mobile office for now,” Home Lumber Regional Supervisor Jeremy Flickinger said. “We also have a sales team that would be happy to meet with you at other locations. Please call and we’ll set up a time for us to come out to visit.”

The store sustained inventory loss in the Dec. 6 blaze, but final numbers are not available.

“We’re actively working with our insurance provider and the process is moving forward,” Flickinger said.

He said operations have not yet returned to full capacity.

“We’re working hard to restore inventory and services,” Flickinger said. “We have 15 other locations to transfer from and trucks arriving daily that we’re able to use to take care of most needs promptly.

“We are working with contractors and vendors to repair the damages and restock the inventory. We’re focused on getting everything back to normal as efficiently as possible.”

There is not yet a firm re-opening of the full facility.

“We’re hopeful it will be soon,” Flickinger said. “We’ll share updates as we know more. We’re still open for business and will do everything we can to get the project taken care of for you.”

The closure was unexpected, but Flickinger said the community has been patient during the process.

“The community has been incredible, and we’re committed to coming back stronger,” he said. “A heartfelt thank you to our customers and team for sticking with us. We’re getting there, and we’re excited for what’s ahead.”